Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Festival season is now officially open!


Festival season is now officially opened! Sita and I spent last weekend at the Paaspop festival, the first "open air" festival of the year. Although all performances were in large tents, the mud between the tents and the night temperature made up for that and created a real "outdoorish" feeling. We checked out El Guapo stunt Team, Agnostic Front, Bambix, Beef, Boom Chicago (improvised theater), Eboman, Face Tomorrow, Flogging Molly, Jovink en de Voederbietels, Mambo Kurt (really funny German dude with a hammond organ), Nile, Peter Pan Speedrock, The Dillinger Escape Plan, the Palookas, the Toy Dolls (solid old punk), Mala Vita and Ali B (actually quite funny to have a rapper on a rock festival).

When I got back on monday I spent the rest of the day cleaning up and fell asleep nice and early. This morning I had to get up very early because I am taking a course on Motor Systems (the neural basis of all movements), partially at the Rotterdam Medical Centre. I am the only student in a group of all PhD's but I managed to discuss along at the desired level. Next friday I will return to Rotterdam to execute some experiments that I will design in the next few days.

I will have to deliver an abstract for the poster I will present at the Neuroscience Master Symposium by the end of this week. I think I will present the results of my previous intern research project (the representational momentum effect with respect to apparant and implied motion processing), because I do not really have enough time to put something together on my current research topics. Furthermore I think it will be nice to present results instead of backgrounds, hypothesis and planned research.

I picked up the photographs I need for the US embassy to process my visa request today when I returned from Rotterdam. This means I now have everything I need and tomorrow I can make the call to get an appointment. If everything goes well I think I will get my visa within the next 2 weeks. Then I can finally book my flight... I got some responses on the ad I put on the internet for subletting my room, so I am confident that it'll work out after all and I will not be stuck with double rent.


the Toy Dolls at Paaspop 2005

1 comment:

  1. Well, the abstract has been send, appointment with the US embassy has been made and I made another step in the process of subletting my room. I have a basic idea for the experiments next friday in Rotterdam, but I will have to work it out and calculate the necessary parameters for the measurements. Basically; I got a lot done today, but there's still a lot to do... I hope I can squeeze in an hour of squash tomorrow to get my mind of science a little. It's fun, but atthe moment it's a lot of work...

    ReplyDelete