Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Nice dutch spring...


Just when the meteorological spring has set in, winter wakes up, realizes it has forgotten to let it snow and starts to make up for that failure. It has been a long time since I have seen such a snowy white world in the Netherlands. I like it a lot, but my bike has more problems with it (as I reported earlier). As nice as it is to wake up to a white world, it is pretty annoying to cycle through it, with its slippery roads and snow in your eyes. But I am not complaining, if you ask me winter may keep up the good work for while....

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:26 PM

    If you like the winter weather so much you might be a bit dissapointed in the extremely spring/summer like weather here in sunny Portland. We've been enjoying 63-70 F (17-21 C ?)degrees, blue skies, and very few clouds. Hope you can get used to the warmer weather too:) See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got absolutely no problem with a long and nice summer :) It's just that this amount of snow is pretty rare in the Netherlands, especially in spring...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:29 PM

    Spring was in the air today!!! No snow left! The sun was shining this afternoon. A pity that the weather forecast tells us there will be more frost and low temperatures within the next days...:-(

    ReplyDelete