Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I got my brain scanned..

Last night I was in a dark and abandoned part of the hospital in a space the size of a coffin with a magnetic coil around my head, trying to stay awake and make the proper eye-movements while this noisy MRI scanner made a nice fMRI-scan of my brain in action (just slightlt, though). Just to help out a fellow student who needed a subject for a pilot study in which they try to scan with a voxelsize of 1x1x1mm instead of the more usual 3x3x3mm. This is necessary to visualize a newly discovered, tiny area in the (mid)brain which might be involved in executing eye movements. It was pretty boring but it paid well and they promised me I would get some nice pictures of my own brain. The moment I have got those pictures, I will post some of them here...

2 comments:

  1. hello.. found your blog whilst browsing and it's cool. I loved the south park thing so much I pinched it for my own blog, hope you don't mind! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No probs! It's not like you're stealing my work or something :)

    By the way; your own work at your portfolio site looks nice!

    ReplyDelete