Monday, April 04, 2005

US Embassy


So today I had my appointment at the US embassy in Amsterdam to convince those weird americans that I am truly not a terrorist and I will just visit their beloved country, pay for everything and return home after six months. It was a sunny day and the embassy is located at the museumplein in Amsterdam near the Vondelpark, so that wasn't too bad. I saw the funniest thing; a bunch of kids just sitting around on the grass when suddenly the sprinklers started working. It was really funny watching them get surprised and run. The embassy by the way is like a fort. Double fences, metal detectors and grumpy armed men. They were pissed off because I had my mobile phone on me (but in the phonecall they only mentioned that cameras weren't allowed), then they started complaining my photographs might not be clear enough, but in the end, nothing was really much of a problem and I will have my passport back on wednesday with my visa stamped in it. In total this only costs about 175 euros and a shitload of time and patience. Now I can start looking for the appropriate flight...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:52 PM

    And...tell me...You´ve found yourselve a flight to take you there?
    Keep us informed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a bit busy at the moment but in my spare minutes I am looking for a flight. I might leave may 16 and get back at november 9. I haven't booked anything though, I hope to do so this week....

    ReplyDelete