Thursday, April 21, 2005

Notebook crash...

A terrible thing happened this morning. Sita accidentally bumped my notebook of my desk while walking past it and the screen did not survive the drop...

I checked with an external monitor and The hard drives an stuff seem to be OK, but the screen is F****D. We already contacted the insurance company and a repair company, but it is going to be a close call whether it will be repaired before I need to leave for the USA. Even still, it is not sure it will be repaired at all, because a new screen ain't cheap and might even be just as expensive as a new laptop. Right now I can do nothing but hope for the best...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:32 AM

    Sorry! But if you just had an oldfahionned 30 kilo laptop this would never have happened!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the pain of luxury... A laptop that light, even my skinny girlfriend manages to bump it of a table :P No hard feelings, shit happens! I just hope we can solve the thing before may 16th....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:01 AM

    I hope so! You know where to find me if you need a car again. I'll just race to Schiedam andback, and you'll be in Lelystad in no time!

    ReplyDelete