Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Laptop matters


Well, apparently laptop repair shops don't read emails, faxes or letters, because altough I have told them 3 times they should not call me when my laptop's ready (cause I'll be in another timezone) I received a wake-up call last week at 5 am local time telling me it was repaired and I could come to pick it up. Because of the happy contents of the message I quickly forgave them their mistake of waking me up. Now my parents can bring my laptop when they're here for their holidays next week and I can finally work on my own machine..

My colleague Tim was less lucky in the laptop department this week. He spilled some coffee over his, which caused his screen backlight to stop working and the keyboard to behave really strange (double or non responding keys). Repairing would cost at least 500 dollars and we couldn't do it ourselves, so it's now degraded to be a desktop computer by using an external monitor and keyboard.

Computers.....there so useful if everything is working fine....

No comments:

Post a Comment