Wednesday, June 29, 2005

BBQ


Last saturday we went to Ron's place for a BBQ. Ron is my uncle's colleague and they are in the same band (although some of the wifes expressed their doubts about the present existince of this band; Chemical X). Although I hardly knew anybody there, I had a great time. All the people (mainly colleagues) were very nice and all the kids were totally enjoying the trampoline and disney movies. I discovered the refined taste of Margherita's (before I had never mixed my tequila with anything other than bitter lemon) and sitting outside with bbq-food and fire is always fun. Then their was this weird dog that without any result kept asking for attention.

[EDIT1] It was pointed out to me that the fact that one of the guests offered to BBQ the dog on multiple occasions should not go unmentioned. He's right, that was pretty funny too. I almost forgot. And for all you prejudiced people out there; yes he was Asian....[EDIT1]

I was also impressed by Ron's collection of autographed guitars. He had guitars from Megadeth, Social Distortion, the Donna's, the Offspring and a couple more. It was like his own private "Stairway to heaven".

[EDIT2] In retrospective I wonder if Ron's guitar collection reflects his lack of wood :P (terrible insider's joke) [EDIT2]

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:35 PM

    I saw that band once. Chemical X, I mean. They were O.K. Wasn't that crazy about the singer, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [evilmode/]Posting anonymous and admitting you saw this band does not really fit. Brings the question of who you are down to which of the ten people that actually saw this legendary band are you... [/evilmode]

    Besides, I think they're planning a comeback in the style of Maiden, Sabbath and Priest. Old people returning to the stage rule. Leaves them with some years to write songs too :P

    ReplyDelete