Monday, May 23, 2005

Lake Oswego


I dropped my uncle of at the airport this morning because he needs to go to Phoenix for a couple of days for work. This leaves me his car! Unfortunately it was almost out of fuel so I had to take an alternative route home to be at a gass station in time. The gass prices here are awesome. In the netherlands you pay about 1,30 euros for a litre. Here, you get a gallon for 2,39 dollars and a gallon is almost 4 litres. Just when I started to feel proud that I seemed to be getting home quite easy with the alternative route I must have taken a wrong turn and ended up south of Lake Oswego, where I should have been north of it... But I never leave the house without a map here, so I managed to find my way home. With the lake in between my current and desired location I decided to take a look at it. Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera, but I found this picture on the internet that kind of resembles what I saw this morning at 7 am. Well lets have some breakfast and when traffic lies down a bit I will head up to campus to report at the international office and hopefully pick up the keys and security badge for the NSI.

I got an email of the repairshop that has my laptop this morning saying they ordered the new screen but it will probably take 6-8 weeks for it to arrive. Personally I think that's crazy, but hey, what can you do about it... So in total I will have to miss my laptop for about 3 months. There's a lesson in it here; always tape your laptop to the table, it will save you a lot of trouble...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:11 PM

    Jij moest vroeg op vanmorgen! Maar je moet wat over hebben voor een zowat gratis auto, nietwaar?
    Mooi is dat meer, hè!

    Dussss...als ik het goed begrijp zit het je weer eens tegen wat je laptop betreft! En loop je dus de kans je laptop pas van Sita te mogen ontvangen in augustus! Da´s balen! Maar dan moeten ze je scherm er wel meteen in zetten!

    En arme ik ...:-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:32 PM

    Looking good! I'm jealous!! (I mean the lake and the house, not the laptop :( stupid laptop... )

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, is it just Acer that absolutely sucks in their service or will this be normal. If they make it in 6-8 weeks it will have taken 3 months to repair the damn thing. I owned only 3 months...

    ReplyDelete