Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Festival, party and flight....


A lot has happened since my previous post. Thank god it has, if nothing would have happened in over two weeks my life would have gotten pretty boring. Let’s go over the weeks;

After Queensday the first day worth noticing was may 5th, liberation day. A good reason for festivals all over the Netherlands. Luckily for us we live in a city that has one of the larger festivals, so we spend the day at the GriftPark in Utrecht listening to music, having a beer and realizing that it was not as warm as it seemed to be when we left the house in the morning (so maybe the shorts weren'’t such a good idea after all). In the evening we watched AZ win the soccer match against Sporting Club Lissabon but because of a Portuguese goal in the 122nd (!!!) minute they were still kicked out of the European competition. The night before PSV had won from AC Milan (3-1) but because of an Italian goal in extra time they were still out of competition. Enough about soccer and the disappointment of extra time counter goals. We decided to go to bar afterwards and on our way we were treated to a fair amount of liberating rain. The kind for which it doesn’'t matter whether you’'re in it for 30 seconds or 30 minutes, because you won'’t get any wetter after 30 seconds..

Saturday may 7th we had a party at our house. Partly because it was only one week before my departure to Portland, but more importantly because parties are fun and it had been a while. It wasn’'t very crowded (I think there were about 40 people or so), but they all partied hard resulting in a lot of fun and a sudden lack of beer at 3 am. We kind of miscalculated the amount the beer we needed and much to our surprise we were all out of it at 3 am. No one really seemed to care though, they just started drinking the wine and when all alcohol had made a journey down someone’'s throat at about 6 am the party was definitely over. After a good night’'s sleep we spend all Sunday cleaning and reorganizing the house. This is always the disadvantage of throwing a party yourself....


The rest of the two weeks mainly consisted of packing my stuff and cleaning my room. On Saturday we went to club Bibelot to watch my brother's band Powerslib play as a support act for Jaya the Cat. The show wasn’'t exactly perfect due to technical problems but it was still fun to see them again. Sunday my dad celebrated his birthday (that is actually today, HAPPY BIRTHDAY dad; you don’t turn 18 every day :P). I had the opportunity to see a lot of my family and say goodbye to them. Monday morning we got up at 5 am and that’s REALLY EARLY! As a result we were at the airport 3 hours early, talking about a safe margin… It was hard saying goodbye to Sita, but after all, I will see her again in about three months, so start counting girl! The trip was okay, but why do you get more leg space on a 1h flight from Amsterdam to Frankfurt than on a 10h flight from Frankfurt to Portland. After showing my passport and collection of other important documents and standing in line for an extensive period of time I finally arrived in heavily raining Portland. I delivered all the toys, sweets and cheese and got a quick tour around the city. After a 26h day I naturally slept fantastic and after a breakfast of pancakes and coffee, I am now answering my emails and posting my blog. Well, I did actually, cause now I'm done...

No comments:

Post a Comment