Monday, October 03, 2005

Neuroscience meeting 2005


Well, it looks like my plans on returning home migth be slightly altered again. My professor just offered me to go to the Neuroscience meeting in Washington DC. He'll pay for the ticket and/or any possible costs in changing my flight back to the Netherlands, the hotel and the registration fees. It will mean that I'll be home 9 days later though since the meeting is november 12-16 and I originally planned to go home november 7th. But this is a major opportunity. We're talking about the largest (30.000 people) and most influential congress in the field of neuroscience and it's quite expensive to attend. If I would go for three days from the Netherlands it would cost approx. 700€(flight) + 450$(three nights hotel) + 100$(registration) so that's a total of about 1400$. Now I only have to pay for my food and transportation in Washington DC.

So now to the practical stuff. I must try to find out how to change my flight, look into the problems I am going to encounter by this possible extended stay.I think I have a course starting on november 16th. Ah well, then I'll just miss the first day.

**EDIT oct 3** Okay, my flight can be changed for 170€, and I don't need any other tickets since I was bound to fly to Amsterdam with a transfer in Washington DC already. I'll just fly to Washington 6 days later and stay there for a couple of days before I get on a plane to Amsterdam. For a hotel we can probably manage to arrange something with the place the rest of the lab is staying and I actually get money for cabs and food as well. This is most probably not going to cost me anything extra. Very nice...**

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:03 PM

    Seems to me you're not so eager to return to us after all. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:12 PM

    is er ook een Engels woord voor "mazzelpikkie"???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:32 PM

    SOMMIGE mensen krijgen bijna alles op een presenteerblaadje aangeboden, lijkt het wel......
    Gaan, joh!
    Komen we je toch gewoon een aantal dagen later van Schiphol plukken!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete