Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I am going....


My flight can be rescheduled. Unfortunately I'll still leave Portland at 7.10 am and I will still arrive in Amsterdam at 6.55 am, so that's EARLY. Too bad. I will arrive in Washinton DC at 15.00, where I can take a shuttle to the downtown hotel. It has been arranged with the hotel, so I can stay with my lab-collegues. We're staying at the L'Enfant Plaza Hotel, which looks very nice. There is even a rooftop pool with a view over Washington DC!! From the hotel there's a free shuttle service to the conference center where the meeting is. It's also right at a metro station so if neuroscience needs a break it's easy to explore downtown DC. The hotel is also only a coupe of blocks from the white house and the Washington monument, so it's going to be quite a cool trip. My flight leaves wednesday 16th at 5.30 pm, so I have to leave the conference at noon, which is a couple of hours before my collegues are presenting. Yeah, it's too bad I'll miss that but there's no later flight and I already know what they will be talking about. Just a shame they are scheduled in the last hours of a 5 day meeting and I'll be at the airport by then.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:46 PM

    Gefeliciteerd! Wat een buitenkans! Inderdaad jammer, dat je je labcollega's niet het woord zal zienen en horen voeren voor een zaal met geïnteresseerden...

    Dussss....ik begrijp, dat je donderdagochtend 17 november al vroeg op Schiphol aankomt???
    Ai! dat zal wel een beetje pijn doen ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:48 PM

    haha, pik!
    dat is echt gaaf :)
    zwembad op je dag met uitzicht op DC!
    man wat ben jij toch een geluksvogel :p
    als je later rijk bent dan krijg ik vast wel wat geld he ;)
    en ik mag ook wel bij de uitrijking van de nobelprijs komen toch? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:49 PM

    dag is dus dak he :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:36 PM

    en uitrijken is dus uitreiken :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe en anonymous moet dus Bo zijn...

    ReplyDelete