Saturday, July 23, 2005

Downtown Portland

Took a bus to downtown Portland today and wandered around the city. Public transportation is ok in Oregon, it's cheap ( I paid $3,50 for a day card) and more or less comfortable. In the city centre it's even totally free. But since I didn't really have a destination I only walked around. Of course the batteries of my camera went dead after about 4 pictures, but hey, I was in the city centre so there had to be a place that sold batteries. And of course there was, so my photoblog has some nice new additions. I picked a perfect day since it was very sunny, but not incredibly hot. I guess summer has finally started and all that "it will be nice weather from the fourth of july till at least september"- talk I've been getting starts to make sense. We're averaging about 80 Fahrenheit which is about 25 degrees Celsius, but we're up for some more heat as this picture will show you:

No comments:

Post a Comment