Monday, January 02, 2006

2006...time flies by like time well spent...


And all of a sudden it was january 2006. Wow, didn't see that one coming. And alle the signs were there; cold weather, christmas lights, overview shows on tv. Still, 2005 past by like it never happened. This is a good thing. We all know that good times speed by while the boring times never seem to end. I had a great time in 2005; spent half a year abroad and had a blast getting to know some of my family better and working in a new environment, I landed a job at my university without having to be unemployed after graduation (actually, even without graduating). Nothing too awful happened to me or any of my friends. Sita and I are still together without any trouble. Yep, I got a lot to be thankful for.

Enough with the sentimentalism! So it's 2006, so what? It's no different from 2005 or 2007, just like december and january are not really different from november or february. It's a weird thing we celebrate that one night a year that starts off a period of having to think what year it is when putting a date on some form. And that's exactly what I have been doing today. Filling out tons of forms. Research-project-assesment-form, master-thesis-proposal-form, PhD-agrement-form, Job-contract-form, getting-a-course-paid-for-form etc. Well, it's a nice stack of paper on my desk. I will tour all the necessary university departments to get all the signatures that are needed tomorrow. Than I can start working on my thesis..

Christmas was well-spent. Sita and I missed the last train at christmas eve to get to her parents because we were to caught up in the national science quiz on tv and forgot about the time. So we went christmas morning and spend the day doing as little as possible, which worked out pretty well :) The next day we went to my family and I had a computer to fix again (cause christmas just isn't complete without that!). We also checked out the place my brother and his girlfriend will be living. It's really nice. If I could get something like that here in Utrecht... but hey, big city, I should be happy I have a place at all.

New years eve was fun, I went to a small party in an old basement at the canals in our city center. At 12 we were at the "Dom-church" with a lot of people, champaign (some of it so distastful we didn't even finish it), fireworks and the churchbells at 12. After that, a lot of un, nonsense and all of a sudden I woke up and it was the afternoon of january 1st.

Well, 2006, the very best to all of you!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:16 AM

    bedankt :)

    enne t wordt alleen maar leuker.. gordijnen zijn er nu.. plankjes voor dvd's, bureautje.. het begint steeds meer een huisje te worden.. echt poeplauw :p

    en nog een gelukkig nieuwjaar :D

    ReplyDelete