Thursday, September 15, 2005

New feature for Firefox users

I needed a break from science today and started playing around with the html-code for this site again. I added background music; a short clip will automatically start playing when you open the site. That is, if you're not still one of those ignorant people that use Microsofts Internet Explorer as a browser, cause then it won't work. If you use a proper browser like firefox, a mediaplayer control bar will show up in the side-bar and you can turn of the music if you don't like it. But it will only play once and it's just a couple of seconds.

Maybe this will turn out to be a very annoying feature and then I will get rid of again, but for now, I've had some coding-fun, so you'll have to deal with it. The clip playing at the moment is "Angel wings" from the Social Distortion album "Sex, love and Rock'n'Roll". I plan to change the clip regularly, that is, IF I decide to keep the feature.

I don't know wether it will work in Netscape, Opera or others. It probably will, since it's always microsoft that has to do things differently....

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:08 AM

    I am using Firefox but there is no new feature audible/visible.
    My settings or your programming skills ?
    Greetings, Steven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:13 AM

    Sorry, the problem was Cradle banging out of my speakers and out-voluming(?) your nicely programmed, enhanced feature. A.K.A.; My stupidity.

    Greetings

    ReplyDelete